Views
Helpful
Replies

Question on Cisco NAM2 (WS-SVC-NAM-2)

wmulla465
Level 1
Level 1

Dear all,

How can I make a top N report for a specific protocol or application? For example; track the top users that using MSN messenger and so on.

Kindly need a clear answer.

5 Replies 5

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

This is currently not doable. You can, however, get a list of hosts participating in a specific protocol by going to Monitor > Apps, and then clicking the Details button for the desired application. Unfortunately, the resulting pop-up is not sortable (it sorts on IP by default), is not dynamically updated, and is not exportable.

I have filed an enhancement request, CSCsi72451, asking for this feature to be implemented.

Thanks a lot Mr.jclarke for your replay. Is that feature also not implemented in the last image which is 3.6?

if not, do have any idea about when they are going to implement it?

No, the feature is not available in 3.6. There is no fixed time line for when it will be made available, but there is talk about a 3.6(2) release that might have it.

Dear Mr.Clarke,

I have one more thing regarding to the NAM2, when trying to install a patch on the NAM through CLI using patch ftp command i got an error stats "Invalid Path", but actully the path for the patch to be installed is completly right. What could be the problem?

I attached screen shot for the telnetting session to the NAM.

This error is coming from your FTP server, and it most likely has to do with the default login path. I'll bet if you get a sniffer trace, or look at your FTP server logs you'll see the problem. I'm betting this patch_rpms directory is in eemara949's home directory on 10.16.8.48, but the default login path is root (i.e. /). Either that or the patch_rpms directory is in the root file system on the server, and the default login directory is eemara949's home directory. In that case, the following URL may work:

patch ftp://eemara949@10.16.8.48//patch_rpms_c6svcname.3-4-1a.patch.3-0.bin

Note the double '/' characters. But as I said, this is a FTP server problem, so you should focus your efforts there.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: