Views
Helpful
Replies

CiscoWorks 2000 problems

akobwaycct
Level 1
Level 1

hi

am using CiscoWorks2000 to manage my network which includes 30 cisco 1242AG access points,cisoc WLC 4402 and cisco Secure ACS 1112.My problem is that even though i have configured SNMP on the WLC CiscoWorks sees the APS the WLC and the ACS as red unknown devices,how do i go rectify the problem,i want the device to appear as as green like other devices in my network.

2 Replies 2

Craig Balfour
Level 1
Level 1

What version of Cisco Works LMS are you running?

If the version is too old you might need to upgrade to a newer version.

Some components of LMS can be updated to support new devices using the device packages which Cisco releases from time to time. I don't think these packages currently update device support in Campus Manager topology services, though - for this I think you will need to upgrade to the latest version.

You can try updating the device packages on your CiscoWorks LMS installation by clicking Server > Device Update from the LMS main page.

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Note: the WLC and the ACS appliance are not supported in any version of CiscoWorks LMS. The APs are supported, but it depends on the version you are running. If you're really running "CiscoWorks 2000" then you do not have AP1242 support. The first release to support them was CiscoWorks LAN Management Solution 2.5.1 with the first Service Pack release.