cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

IP Communicator Problems

sdawson35
Level 1
Level 1

Have just installed IP Communicator onto Windows 2000 workstation but it doesn't load !!. I get a splash screen after running the audio tuning wizard andd there it hangs.

Does anybody have any ideas....please ?

Regards

scott.

13 Replies 13

mchandak
Level 7
Level 7

When you launch IP Communicator and get the slash screen, right click on the winow and select Preferences. Here, make sure that under Network Tab, you have the TFTP Server info updated

I have verified that information is updated and correct as that was my first suspicion

Can you run Error Reporting Tool and attach the output to this post ?

Output from error reporting tool - it doesn't look good.

Hi,

It doesn't get that far !!, I have a white box with a picture of a bloke using communicator on a laptop and thats it, it goes no further.

Check for any ACL on CCM VLAN... Make sure that your laptop passes through the ACL and can access CCM.

Sheeraz

This is from a desktop in my local lan - No ACL's apply

looks like we have missed couple of things,

Version of CIPC

Do you have Full Administrator rights on this machine ??

Version is 2.0.2

Yes local admin rights on Win2K workstaion in question.

Scott.

Go to your Eventviewer and post any error you are getting at the time when you run CIPC.

Nothing in Event Viewer in any catagory

Scott.

Ok then run a sniffer (ethereal) see if CIPC is crashing before or after connecting to the Network.

neesharm
Level 1
Level 1
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: