Views
Helpful
Replies

VPN-Client connection Problem

society-gmbh
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I got a Problem connecting to Cisco VPN with my Windows XPSP2 with Cisco VPN-Client 5.0.00.

When I try to connect the VPN it works up to the point where I enter my XAuth Credentials which seem to be accepted.

Then the Status bar hangs at "negotiating security policies" forever with the blue bar running through over and over.

At that point I cannot even cancel the connection as then the cancellation will hang.

I beleive its a special problem with this Computer/VPN Client because

a) it happens with four different VPN-Peers (Cisco VPN Concentrator 3000, Cisco PIX 515 7.2, Cisco ASA 5510 7.2 and Cisco ASA 5550 7.2) which are all at different locations with different configurations, Internet Access, IP-Networks behind...

b) When I connect to any of the above Peers from another computer it works fine. The other comp is Windows XP SP2 with VPN Client 4.8.02.0010

I already tried to uninstall the 5.x Client and install the 4.x Client on the Problem computer but that didnt help.

The log messages from the Cisco VPN-Client are attached at Text-File.

I noticed that once the VPN-Client hangs at the "negotiating security policies" my network is completely down. I cannot connect anywhere anymore. Is that normal or could it be the VPN-Client integrated Firewall is going mad ?

Any help / ideas / recommenations to solve this problem would be greatly apreciated.

Thankx

5 Replies 5

rcatersels
Level 1
Level 1

I have exact the same problem on two different computers. Even with firewall turned off the problem stays. I do notice that when the system starts up I have a red cross through the Cisco Sytems VPN adapter (code 22). I can turn it on manualy but this doesn't help.

What kind of a firwall are you using. By any change Bullguard?

trevorwhiteside
Level 1
Level 1

On the client connection, modify the settings, click on the transport tab and uncheck transparent tunneling. My guess is that's your issue.

Nope does not help. But the problem is probably with Bullguard in my case. Shutting down the firewall did not help. Deinstalling Bullguard did help. VPN connection working again. It seems that Bullguard and the VPN client do not like each other. I already contacted the Bullguard support to see if they can help.

Thankx for all the ideas but everything didn?t work. In the end I un-installed the VPN Client and un-installed all Network Connections from my Windows by un-installing the network-card and removing all network-link related Registry entries.

After that I completely set up the local Network Card with IP and re-installed the Cisco VPN-Client (this time the 4.8.x.x) to be sure.

Now it works fine again. I assume that something got messed up in the Network / DNE / VPN-Client linking.

Thankx for any suggestions and help.

Greatly apreciated.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: