Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Number displaying wrong in CCM Attendant Console

Greetings,

I have an issue where a certain extension shows up wrong when they call the operator (who uses CCM Attendant Console).

I have checked Unity and CCM and the extension names appear to be correct.

When the user calls a phone, it shows up fine but when she calls the operator, she shows up wrong in attendant console.

Is there a way to go into the database and see if there is a wrong name?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

We found the problem our AC. What we found was that even though all of the Call Manager settings had the correct User and DN information, when a call came to one of our Attendant Consoles, the DN for 2 users were always incorrect.

What we found was that the receptionist had configured a "Speed Call" list, therefore when the "User" called in the AC looked at its Speed Call List first and displayed that information to the Attendant.

It works much the same way your Cell Phone does, when an Inbound number matches a name in your phone book, it displays that name as a caller, even if its incorrect.

Hope this helps

View solution in original post

11 Replies 11

thisisshanky
Level 11
Level 11

Check the user's DN to see if you have the same Alerting and display names.

Sankar Nair
UC Solutions Architect
Pacific Northwest | CDW
CCIE Collaboration #17135 Emeritus

Shanky,

When you refer to the user's DN you are talking about the display settings in CCM Administrator, and Unity correct?

If this is so, I have verified this and they are showing as correct. But we still get the bogus display in CCM Attendant Console.

Dont care abt Unity for this.

Is this happening to only one user or several users ?

Does the user's name show up properly on the phone used by the attendant console operator ?

Are there any other Unassigned DN's with the same directory number in the system ? Go to route plan report and search for this directory number (DN) of the user and make sure there is only one listed in there.

Sankar Nair
UC Solutions Architect
Pacific Northwest | CDW
CCIE Collaboration #17135 Emeritus

Shanky,

Only one User is having this problem.

User's name shows up properly on the phone display used by the operator. Just not in CCM Attendant Console.

Ran a report, and there is only one DN listed.

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Marcus,

Just to add a note to Sankar's always great info :) I have seen weird problems like this with Shared Lines as well. Where the name is different on different Button/Line appearances.

Hope this helps!

Rob

neesharm
Level 1
Level 1

If its happening with only one user ...can we try deleting and readding user and then resetting the phone ?

Thats a good idea Nees. I will try that today.

We are also having the same problem you have mentioned in this post, and have gone thru the same processes mentioned for trouble shooting. However there is one additional piece of information I would like to add. in our case we have 4 seperate attendant console's and only 1 of the 4 exhibit the "Wrong DN being displayed".

Is it possible within an individual AC, that the operator has set up some type of fast dial, speed dial or other customized setting within AC that still references to the wrong number?

We found the problem our AC. What we found was that even though all of the Call Manager settings had the correct User and DN information, when a call came to one of our Attendant Consoles, the DN for 2 users were always incorrect.

What we found was that the receptionist had configured a "Speed Call" list, therefore when the "User" called in the AC looked at its Speed Call List first and displayed that information to the Attendant.

It works much the same way your Cell Phone does, when an Inbound number matches a name in your phone book, it displays that name as a caller, even if its incorrect.

Hope this helps

This was an issue where the "Speed Dial" list was setup with a wrong number. Lance hit it on the nose here.

Now, that is what I call good feedback to the forum ;-)

Thanks,

Leo

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: