cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

2FXS module on 1760

benharned
Level 1
Level 1

I have a 1760 at our remote mfg facility. We are connected via a p2p T1. In the 1760 installed are a 1DSU T1, 2FXS, and 4FXO modules. The 2FXS is slot 2, and port 1 is connected to an overhead night-ringer.

The port is part of a pickup groug that every call to the facility should cause the night-ringer to activate. This does not happen.

I've tested the ringer unit itself and it does work. The status light on the 2FXS module is green. When a call is placed to the pickup group the port light does not illuminate.

What might be a cause, or where do I troubleshoot from here?

4 Replies 4

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi,

are you using CM? if so with which protocol? is the port getting the call? That is, when you connect a phone to the fxs, does it ring ?

Yes, I'm running 4.2(3) CCM. I'm not sure what you mean by protocol... And I am unsure if the port is getting the call.

Since the router is at a different location, I will go there tomorrow and test it.

Plugging in a phone i do get dial tone and am able to dial out. Dialing in gets nothing, no ring. This leads me to believe it's a pickup group issue. Seem right?

Any other suggestions?

Please post in "IP telephony" with a title like "CCM pickup group for FXS port". You will need to specify CCM version and if you are using H.323, MGCP, or SCCP to the GW.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: