cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

2FXS module on 1760

benharned
Level 1
Level 1

I have a 1760 at our remote mfg facility. We are connected via a p2p T1. In the 1760 installed are a 1DSU T1, 2FXS, and 4FXO modules. The 2FXS is slot 2, and port 1 is connected to an overhead night-ringer.

The port is part of a pickup groug that every call to the facility should cause the night-ringer to activate. This does not happen.

I've tested the ringer unit itself and it does work. The status light on the 2FXS module is green. When a call is placed to the pickup group the port light does not illuminate.

What might be a cause, or where do I troubleshoot from here?

4 Replies 4

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi,

are you using CM? if so with which protocol? is the port getting the call? That is, when you connect a phone to the fxs, does it ring ?

Yes, I'm running 4.2(3) CCM. I'm not sure what you mean by protocol... And I am unsure if the port is getting the call.

Since the router is at a different location, I will go there tomorrow and test it.

Plugging in a phone i do get dial tone and am able to dial out. Dialing in gets nothing, no ring. This leads me to believe it's a pickup group issue. Seem right?

Any other suggestions?

Please post in "IP telephony" with a title like "CCM pickup group for FXS port". You will need to specify CCM version and if you are using H.323, MGCP, or SCCP to the GW.