Views
Helpful
Replies

Nokia E-sereis

hassan_oudeh
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all,

i have read some documents saying that the new nokia e-series phones with dual mode can be integrated with IPT.

i have some questions :

1- which CM version is supported ?

2- What protocol (SCCP or SIP) and in case of SIP what is the requirement if i have CCM5.x ?

3- Is there any vendor rather than Nokia that can be integrated with CCM ?

3 Replies 3

thisisshanky
Level 11
Level 11

1. It is supported with CM 5.x and later.

2. SIP is definitely supported. I think Cisco had licensed SCCP to Nokia to customize it on their phones. Not sure when this is coming.

3. To integrate third party phones you will have to use SIP and the phones have to conform with RFC3261.

Also read this thread

http://forum.cisco.com/eforum/servlet/NetProf?page=netprof&forum=Unified%20Communications%20and%20Video&topic=IP%20Telephony&CommCmd=MB%3Fcmd%3Ddisplay_location%26location%3D.1ddde230/0

HTH

Sankar

PS: please remember to rate posts!

Sankar Nair
UC Solutions Architect
Pacific Northwest | CDW
CCIE Collaboration #17135 Emeritus

mchandak
Level 7
Level 7

yea, Cisco and Nokia had an agreement where a few Nokia phones would support SCCP. Currently AFAIK, Nokia E61 (rev3),62 and 65 series supports it. Not sure which CM version currently supports it though. Support for this should be available in CM 5.x shortly if not already available

Here is the link about this:

http://europe.nokia.com/A4156050

Supported Cisco infrastructure:

? Cisco Unified Communications

Manager 4.1x

Manager 4.2

Manager 5.x

Manager Express 3.4

S60 3.0 Mobile Devices:

? E60 PR3

? E61 PR3

? E65

? E61i

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: