Views
Helpful
Replies

Where I can use API's in ICM

bilalghayad
Level 1
Level 1

Hi List;

I am VC++ with ASP and MSSQL, I would like to know where I can use Cisco API's in ICM to acheive add on applications and so on.

Any help to direct me?

Regards

Bilal

3 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

lpezj
Level 7
Level 7

Bilal,

With CTIOS ICM APIs you can develop custom agent and supervisor applications. CTIOS provides a full set of APIS, ActiveX, COM, CIL and JAVA CIL tools that can provide you all the things you need to develop custom applications.

Please, take a look to this link where all the programming guides are pleced:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/partner/products/sw/custcosw/ps14/products_programming_reference_guides_list.html

When you install client CTIOS applications, there are many examples to begin your integration.

Hope this helps,

Juan Luis

View solution in original post

GeoTel was the company which created ICM (was ICR in those days)

Bilal,

The main certification for IPCC Enterprise is ATP UCC Enterprise Program. This certification allows a company sell, deploy and support Cisco IPCC Enterprise.

Hope this helps,

Juan Luis

9 Replies 9

lpezj
Level 7
Level 7

Bilal,

With CTIOS ICM APIs you can develop custom agent and supervisor applications. CTIOS provides a full set of APIS, ActiveX, COM, CIL and JAVA CIL tools that can provide you all the things you need to develop custom applications.

Please, take a look to this link where all the programming guides are pleced:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/partner/products/sw/custcosw/ps14/products_programming_reference_guides_list.html

When you install client CTIOS applications, there are many examples to begin your integration.

Hope this helps,

Juan Luis

Thanks a lot for ur great help really.

Using this, can I do same like ICM it self (Rogger, PG, CTI Server, ...)?

Last issue: is there any certification for the ICM?

Again thx a lot for u.

Regards

Bilal

You cant program ICM itself, there are a bunch of things that makes ICM up : Roggers,PGs,CTI Servers, IVRs. Then you have reporting tools such Webview, Scripting...etc.

It s a really complicated story, cisco itself bought the company which programed most of ICM (i dont remember the name).

There are no certification available for ICM/IPCC Enterprise. IPCC Enterprise maybe included in the future in the CCIE Voice Certs:

See what Ben NG the Manager and Proctor of CCIE Voice said in a recent Q&A:

"Since IPCC Enterprise is a highly specialized product that involves in depth customization scripting skills and more, I am interested in your thoughts on the possible placement of IPCC Exterprise under the existing Expert Certification umbrella, or does it warrant something of its own?

Therefore I would like to take this opportunity to poll the rest of you on it, what do you think?

**Disclaimer: My comments above is purely hypothetical and is my personal opinion only.

-ben "

HTH

Karzazi

GeoTel was the company which created ICM (was ICR in those days)

Bilal,

The main certification for IPCC Enterprise is ATP UCC Enterprise Program. This certification allows a company sell, deploy and support Cisco IPCC Enterprise.

Hope this helps,

Juan Luis

Dear Juan;

Thanks a lot for ur kindly advise.

To be sure that I am in the right direction: ATP UCC is shortcut for what?

Regards

Bilal

Hi Juan,

the ATP(Advanced Technology Provider) is not a certification for individuals, it a prerequirement (not even a must) for companys to became the Master Unified Communications Specialization, see here:

http://www.cisco.com/web/partners/program/specializations/ucom/master/requirements.html#pre

Kin,

You are right. ATP is for companys.

Regards,

Juan Luis

In order to sell and implement IPCC Enterprise products the channel partner comapny needs to be an ATP partner in IPCC (now UCCE).

This is similar to other advanced technologies such as Telepresence, MeetingPlace, Mesh Wirelsess Networking, etc.

Cisco wants to make sure that the parters putting these advanced techologies posseses the talent and expertise to be successful.

Chris

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: