Views
Helpful
Replies

Issue with upgrading 3750 IOS feature-set via LMS/RME

dlongworth
Level 1
Level 1

Hello.

Has anyone experienced any issues with upgrading the feature-set of 3750s from ipbase to ipservices (same version)?

There is the '/allow-feature-upgrade' option via cli but not on RME. Is this even supported on LMS?

Thx.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

I didn't see a service request opened for this yet, and now that I have my lab back I was able to write some code and test this. I have filed CSCsi74369 to track this problem. If you open a service request, a test patch can be made available that should fix this problem.

View solution in original post

11 Replies 11

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Yes, RME can do this provided you have not checked the "Include same image feature subset as running image." box under RME > Admin > Software Mgmt > View/Edit Preferences.

Thanks for the reply Joe.

This option is not checked.

This is the error message from the telnet log;

'Error: The image in the archive which would be used to upgrade system number 1 does not support the same feature set.'

Also the log shows;

'archive download-sw /overwrite tftp://...'

but not '/allow-feature-upgrade'.

This is upgrade from c3750-ipbasek9-mz.122-35.SE1 to c3750-ipservicesk9-mz.122-35.SE1

How is this switch configured (i.e. is it in a stack configuration)?

Default single switch (c3750-48PS), straight out of box. Just got an ip-address, snmp, etc for basic management.

We're testing before a major deployment. I was gonna log a call but thought I'd check here first.

Our lab is down, so I can't test for certain, but it looks like the ability to upgrade across feature sets changed in 12.2(35)SE code. That's when this "/allow-feature-upgrade" flag was introduced. Prior to that, things just worked. A bug will most likely be required here.

So are you saying I should go ahead and log a call with TAC or is that something you can initiate internally?

Since I cannot do any further analysis right now, and since a bug will most likely be required, you should definitely open a TAC service request.

When you do, include the swim_debug.log as well as the job directory showing the problem. This should be very easy to reproduce.

Cheers mate.

Thanks for help once again.

I didn't see a service request opened for this yet, and now that I have my lab back I was able to write some code and test this. I have filed CSCsi74369 to track this problem. If you open a service request, a test patch can be made available that should fix this problem.

Thx again Joe.

I've got to go through our TAC first, but it's in progress.

Thx Joe,

Patch has been tested successfully.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: