cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Unity VM only - what is Cisco shipping?

sposte
Level 1
Level 1

In late March I installed a Unity on a MCS7825 and I was shipped the platform config DVD with win2k also Unity 4.2, SQL2000, Exch2000 and the assorted extras.

This month I'm putting in a MCS7815 with Unity VM. I was shipped a set of platform DVD's for win2003 (for all platforms) with Unity 4.2.1 but the SQL and Exchange CD's were missing.

What are they currently shipping for Unity 4.2 VM? You can't install Exch2000 on a 2003 OS.

Thanks,

Scott

2 Replies 2

thisisshanky
Level 11
Level 11

Scott,

Exch 2000 runtime edition is available for free with Unity. For 2003, the end customer has to provide the OS and Exchange 2003. Also its not supported to run Unity and Exch 2003 in same box when running VM only solution. Mail store has to be on a separate server.

HTH

Sankar

PS:please remember to rate posts!

Sankar Nair
UC Solutions Architect
Pacific Northwest | CDW
CCIE Collaboration #17135 Emeritus

This is what I thought. They must have messed up the shipment and included the Platform disk for Unity Connection instead of putting in the disks for standard Unity VM.

Scott

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: