cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

VPN Conentrator 3005 Console/Admin

skumpf
Level 1
Level 1

I need help!! I cannot connect to my console port via HyperTerm. I have all the settings per the doc: 8-N-1-Hardware. I've been able to connect to another 3005 with the same cable. The reason I need to connect it is to perform an Admin reset as I do not have full authorization via Concentrator Manager or menus. Please HELP!!

Thanks

Scott

3 Replies 3

adgzer0106
Level 1
Level 1

hi,

Did you ever get round this? As I have exactly the same problem.

Cheers

Andy

Hello,

Yes we did. Actually, it came down to having the appropriate console cable. As there are many different Cisco console cables not all have the same pin-out. Unfortunatley I was not on-site and had to depend on a Technician to verify the actuall cable type. There is a specific cable to the VPN concentrators. A switch or router console cable will not work.

Hope this helps. Good Luck,

If you are having problems with the Administrator access rights you can follow the following link wich will provide you with the detailed steps to reset the Admin password which will reset the access rights as well:

http://cisco.com/en/US/products/hw/vpndevc/ps2284/products_password_recovery09186a008009434f.shtml

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: