cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

l2tp/ipsec on windows xp with digital certificates

sebastan_bach
Level 4
Level 4

hi all i am trying to implement L2TP/IPSEC with digital certificates . i am unable to load the certificate from the local computer to the dialup properties.

has anyone tried this before. does anyone know the procedure for doing this.

any help on this will be greatly appreciated.

thanks in advance.

regards

sebastan

4 Replies 4

l.tating
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Sebastan,

Im sorry but I also have the same problem. I am using Win2K machine. I do a remote access VPN connection from the MSWin2K (L2TP over IPSec) using Digital Certs. I keep on getting the error message in my VPN dialup networking that says my machine has no valid certificate or no valid certificate found. Even though I already enrolled for the Certificate on the Stand Alone Cert Server that I have setup, and also did SCEP enrollment on my PIX Firewall.

I think If we have the same problem maybe we could help each over solve this problem. Please tell me your setup (what is your LNS? is it a router or a PIX?) have you already setup a Certificate Authority server?)

Lorenz

hi lorenz i am having a cisco ios router as a lns and windows xp as my l2tp/ipsec client.

i have a windows 2003 ca server .

i am not finding a proper method to load the identity certificate on the dial up client.

gives me the same error as urs.

regards

sebastan

Hi Sebastan,

Are you doing this for a specific client or just in the Lab? in my case, im doing a lab practice, but unfortunately not yet working.

Lorenz

hi mate i am doing this in my lab

regards

sebastan

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: