Views
Helpful
Replies

cisco ip phone 7920 corporate directory services

pankajkulkarni
Level 1
Level 1

Hi

i am working on a site with 2 cisco 7920 ip phones (firmwware 3.01) & 2 1230 aironet access points 12.3(8)JA , when i try to access the corporate directory from the phone it states that there is "no service " .

6 Replies 6

migilles
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Ensure the CallManager has the updated devpack. The 7920 didn't support XML until 2.0 release. If you see the option to subscribe to services for the 7920, then should be ok. Then need to ensure the diretories url is configured properly. Can double-check this by browsing to the 7920 web page. Would also need to ensure the phone can TFTP the file successfully.

If you need the updated devpack for your CM version, can get it from http://www.cisco.com/kobayashi/sw-center/sw-voice.shtml.

Hi Michael

where can i find the option to subscribe to services for 7920 as mentioned in ur previous post & while getting the device pack uploaded should i get all the default device firmware upgraded bcos i have already upgraded the firmware to 3.01 for 7920 which is the only firmware upgrade required.

Would be in the phone config. Will see a hyperlink in the upper right hand corner there undeer add/update speed dials. If not there then you need to run the latest devpack from CCO. At the end of the devpack install can say no to installing firmware for the different phones if you like, but if you say yes, the phones will not re-upgrade as they already have 3.01 on them.

hi

i have just uploaded a service release 4.1(3) sr3c onto my ccm , no when i try to access the corporate directory it states that service request failed , the 7920 service issue was a caveat which was taken care of with 4.1(3)sr2 , the directory url is perfect & the 7920 phone is able to tftp perfectly now should i add a device pack as mentioned in your previous post , plese help

So does your directories URL contain a hostname? If so, ensure the phone is able to resolve that hostname. Ensure the domain suffix is provided to the phone via DHCP, etc.

No need to apply a later devpack if you are now able to subscribe to IP Phone services for the 7920.

Hi michael

It worked after upgrading the latest device pack , thanks for your support

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card