cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

what version do i need for "ip route ... track"?

blacktulip
Level 1
Level 1

i want to use the "ip route x.x.x.x ... track 1" command, and i don't have the "track 1" option in the end.

i don't know what the feature called, so i can't look it up (ip sla? what kind?)

i have 2651xm, with image "c2600-ik8o3s-mz.123-16a.bin" (Version 12.3(16a))

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

12.3 non-T will not work. T version have the latest technology, non-T does not.

View solution in original post

8 Replies 8

Amit Singh
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hello,

You need atleast 12.3(8)T, to use this feature. Please see the release notes for enhanced object tracking feature:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/iosswrel/ps1839/products_feature_guide09186a00801541be.html

HTH,Please rate if it does.

-amit singh

so if i have 12.3(16a) it should work, no?

mohammedmahmoud
Level 11
Level 11

Hi,

I guess the the syntax is:

"track 100 ip route x.x.x.x/y reachability"

HTH, please rate if it does help,

Mohammed Mahmoud.

maybe i wasn't clear.

i don't need the track to fall down when the route is down in your example. i need the route to fall when the track is down. like i saw in 3800: "ip route 1.1.1.1 255.255.255.0 track 1" so the static route will work only when the track is up.

12.3 non-T will not work. T version have the latest technology, non-T does not.

Hi

In Addition to all the posts i would like to suggest to check out the feature set of the ios version you are using.

Some of the track features may not be available even with latest version of IP Base feature set better to check out for SP Services set.

regds

thanks!

do you happend to know if i can download T version from somewhere?

You need a support contract (aka smartnet) with Cisco, to access the donwload area.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card