Tone on hold

Answered Question
May 2nd, 2007
User Badges:

I would like to force phones to use TOH. I read that the tone is actually generated by the DSPs in Cisco land. I was wondering, however, is there a way I can get the wav file and translate it on CCM to force all to use it other than hiding the MOH servers from the MRG?

Thanks,

Loy

Correct Answer by Brandon Buffin about 9 years 12 months ago

You cannot delete the clusterwide parameter for the default MOH sources, but you can, as you mentioned, set them to a source that does not exist. So, you could configure these parameters to nonexistent sources, create a device pool for the phones for which you want music on hold and set the MOH sources to None for this DP. You'll also need to make sure that the MOH sources on the phones and DNs are set to None.

Brandon

Overall Rating: 5 (1 ratings)
Brandon Buffin Wed, 05/02/2007 - 07:21
User Badges:
  • Purple, 4500 points or more

Loy,

If you set all MOH audio source references to None, phones will receive TOH. The MOH audio source can be set clusterwide with a service parameter, at the device pool, phone, and DN.

Hope this helps. If so, please rate the post.

Brandon

loevans Wed, 05/02/2007 - 10:19
User Badges:

I thought if you put the references to none, it would choose the cluster default. If that is the case, how do you keep it from actually defaulting to a MOH stream? Choose a audio source number that doesn't actually have one for the clusterwide parameter? Or can you delete it?

I guess the real reason I'm asking is that they want this for some phones, but not all, so I'd rather see if I can get the .wav or a similar .wav to use as an actual MOH source.

LE

Correct Answer
Brandon Buffin Wed, 05/02/2007 - 10:33
User Badges:
  • Purple, 4500 points or more

You cannot delete the clusterwide parameter for the default MOH sources, but you can, as you mentioned, set them to a source that does not exist. So, you could configure these parameters to nonexistent sources, create a device pool for the phones for which you want music on hold and set the MOH sources to None for this DP. You'll also need to make sure that the MOH sources on the phones and DNs are set to None.

Brandon

Actions

This Discussion