cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

the integration LMS 2.6 with NetView

ROMAN TOMASEK
Level 1
Level 1

Is possible to integrate more LMS servers on the different sites with the central monitoring software like NetView? I have to install the Cisco integration utility for each LMS server and one IBM (Tivoli) integration utility for LMS in the Netview, haven't I? Thank you.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

This is correct provided that all devices are sending traps to this central Netview (or you have each DFM forwarding device traps to this central Netview), all devices are reachable from this central Netview, and all devices are reachable from the primary LMS server.

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Yes, each LMS server will need to do integration with NetView. That means the utility and adapter need to be installed on each.

Thank you for your answer. So will have the each LMS server one instance in Netview? Can I run, for example, CiscoView in different sites directly from Netview?

I'm sorry, I misunderstood. Each CiscoWorks server needs to do it's own integration with it's own NetView. However, with the latest version of LMS, this really isn't a big deal, even if you have multiple servers. If all of your LMS servers are in the same DCR domain, then the credentials are shared. It doesn't matter which CiscoView you launch, as all of them will be able to display the target device, and have access to the credentials.

thank you. Only the central LMS server (with DCR master) will be integrated with the NetView. All devices in other locations will be accesible via this central LMS and all traps and messages from these devices will be displayed in NetView. Is it right?:-)

This is correct provided that all devices are sending traps to this central Netview (or you have each DFM forwarding device traps to this central Netview), all devices are reachable from this central Netview, and all devices are reachable from the primary LMS server.