new partition questions

Unanswered Question
May 2nd, 2007

I have recently added 5 new partitions, calling search spaces, route lists and route groups to resolve a long standing caller ID issue that we have. Basically we need to have different caller ID for outbound calls depending on which department the people are in. In any event, I created all of the items listed above and placed a phone in as a test. I used my phone as a test and placed it into one of the new partitions and calling search spaces. I made some outbound calls and the caller ID worked as expected with a different number depending on which partition and CSS the phone (line) was in. The issue that I have ran into is that inbound calls to my phone number go straight to voice mail so there is never a chance to answer the call. I was just wondering if I may have missed something with either the partitions or CSS that would cause inbound calls to go to voice mail rather than the phone. Any assistance would be appreciated.

I have this problem too.
0 votes
Overall Rating: 4.5 (2 ratings)
Zin.Karzazi Wed, 05/02/2007 - 08:48

Include the new Partition you created for your phones in the CSS of your Gateway.

mpozorski Wed, 05/02/2007 - 10:09

Thanks for the input. I added the new partitions to the CSS that all of our gateways are in and still get the same results so I don't think that was the problem. Unless the order of the partitions in the CSS would make that much of a difference. Do you have any other ideas? I am willing to try just about anything.

Zin.Karzazi Thu, 05/03/2007 - 02:14

How about collecting some traces?

use DNA (https://ip/dna) and see what your Gateway is doing. Activate SDI/SDL traces.

Do the DN you are calling from PSTN have a voicemail profile? try CFwdAll to another DN see if it works. are you using some traslation pattern? which will have higher priority in routing decision of the Callmanager than Directory numbers.

Also tell us which CCM version? h323 or MGCP?

HTH

Karzazi

mpozorski Thu, 05/03/2007 - 07:49

thanks for the help. While I was looking through some of the trace data, I realized that my DN was also still assigned to my Cisco IP Communicator soft phone. Once I changed the DN that was on the soft phone, I was able to place inbound calls to the DN. I was also able to call out to local, long distance, and toll free numbers. I used the DNA tool to watch how t he outbound calls would flow and the caller ID should be different depending on which partition and CSS the DN is in. I really appreciate you reminding me of the DNA tool and to look in the logs to find what the call was doing. Thank you once again.

Actions

This Discussion