cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Unity 4.2.1 alternate contact number value for CSV import

maratimer_2
Level 1
Level 1

I have configured 0 on caller input page in the sub template to alternate contact number and left the field blank. When doing the subscriber import with a CSV file, what is the header name for this column? Also, I tried to find the chapter on importing users with a CSV file in Unity 4.2.1 documentation, but no luck - would appreciate a link so I can see whatever new headers are available with this version. Thanks.

6 Replies 6

Ginger Dillon
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi -

On the Unity server, go to Start - Programs - Unity - Cisco Unity Bulk Import. When the program starts, click Help. Then select the hyperlink "importing user data from a CSV file". Then click on the hyperlink "Required column headers for a CSV file". I did not see that as an available column. However, as we do, you can set this Option in a subscriber template. The column in your csv file would be SUBSCRIBER_TEMPLATE. If you use spaces, as we do, enclose the name of the template in single quotes.

Sincerely, Ginger

Thanks Ginger for your response. I have looked everywhere, and it appears that this new functionality was added with no update to the help/documentation. My probelem is that I could have (ex) 400 people to import into one unity subscriber template, but with each of them wanting a different alternate contact number - so I need a way to do this in bulk with a CSV. As with alternate_extensions, I would expect there is a column header for this value, I have tried to play with it myself but the customer wants us to populate the numbers upfront, with the users having the option to change in ciscopca. Any Cisco guys able to answer this one?

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi SE,

I agree with Ginger on this one :) (5 points Ginger for your great work). I see that because this is a User configurable setting via Phone/TUI or PCA this is not able to be set by using the .csv Have a look;

Specifying an Alternate Contact Number;

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/voicesw/ps2237/products_administration_guide_chapter09186a008061c49e.html#wp1044950

Here is the latest list of Optional Column Headers that I could find;

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/voicesw/ps2237/products_administration_guide_chapter09186a008014f9db.html#56573

Hope this helps!

Rob

I realize this is a user configurable option however it should also be configurable on the server side also, dont you think? This particular customer provides this information upfront and expects it to be populated as part of the import activities. I'm just asking if there is any way to do it on the administrative side. The links you sent are for Unity 4.0.2 - with the new functionality in 4.2.1 I was wondering why I cant find any documentation (other than in the ciscopca help) on this. Is this an oversight or indeed is there no way to do it on the SA side. I'm hoping one of the cisco guys can answer this definitively. Thanks for your comments and the links.

Hi -

When we upgraded to 4.2(1), I developed a user information sheet that I have attached for your review (see #3.) It instructs the users how to update their Alternate Contact Number. Also, something I forgot to mention in my earlier post. You may want to consider using another caller input key for the Alternate Contact number, since the 0-key is typically reserved for Operator 0-out type functions. Just a thought. I know the attached does not address your problem, but sending anyway :-)

Ginger

Ginger - thanks so much, this is an excellent document. As for your suggestion that they use an alternate key other than 0, I fully agree with you however apparently the users were accustomed to having 0# configured to reach alternate contacts in the legacy world, old habits die hard at this particular customer site.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: