cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Web Authent and proxy, using Controller.

omarmontes
Level 1
Level 1

Hi guys, I hope someone could help me with this:

We are using a 4402 Controller and have a WLAN with EAP authentication. That's working just fine. But now we are trying to add a Guest WLAN with WEB authentication. And that also works fine. The thing is we would like to use a proxy server for the guest users, so when a user gets authenticated, we change the proxy settings in the client machine. But, if we reset the machine, we have to erase the proxy configuration, re-authenticate and then configure again the proxy configuration. This makes sense to me, but what can we do so we dont have to erase/reconfigure the proxy settings?

We are using local web authentication by the way, so I think if we use External Web authentication maybe we could work this out, using a web page that is reachable through the proxy. But i don't know if this would work... any word on this issue?

Thanks in advance!!

1 Reply 1

beth-martin
Level 5
Level 5

The controller should allow initial proxy communication between browser and proxy server to occur. After the .pac script has sent through the controller will know that following http requests are not longer from the browser application but now from the user, and then the web authentication

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card