International Dial PLan

Answered Question
May 2nd, 2007
User Badges:
  • Silver, 250 points or more

I was just asked to setup a international calling to UK, Latin America, and Canada.

How do i do it

Correct Answer by dgahm about 10 years 2 months ago

Under Called Party Transformations > Discard Digits you need to select PreDot. You are sending the 9 to the carrier, and need to strip it.

Please rate helpful posts.

Dave

Overall Rating: 5 (1 ratings)
dgahm Wed, 05/02/2007 - 11:11
User Badges:
  • Blue, 1500 points or more

Assuming Call Manager, USA, and that you want to add this to an existing Calling Search Space, you just need to add route pattern(s) to a partition within the CSS. If you are using an internal access code of 9, you could use 9.011! to allow all International dialing.

If you want to only allow calls to specific countries, then you need the country code as well. http://www.countrycodes.com/

The UK country code is 44, so 9.01144! would allow calling to the UK only.

Another approach would be to use 9.@ with a route filter specifying the country codes allowed.

Dave

Rajesh Revuru Wed, 05/02/2007 - 11:22
User Badges:

Dave:

Yes i am Call manager user from USA

When adding route pattern, there is one field which says "Numbering Plan", and i have only one option, "North America Numbering Plan".

Do i have to download IDP(International Dial Plan)?

dgahm Wed, 05/02/2007 - 11:33
User Badges:

The North American Numbering Plan includes International Dialing access using 011. You don't need anything else.

Dave

Rajesh Revuru Wed, 05/02/2007 - 11:52
User Badges:

Dave:

I have added a Route Pattern "UK DIal Plan"

9.01144XXXXXXXXXX, under "Outbound-noCMC" Partition, which is a part of "Outbound-noCMC" CSS.

But it still get busy tone.

Also attached is debug isdn q931 information.

Attachment: 
Correct Answer
dgahm Wed, 05/02/2007 - 11:57
User Badges:

Under Called Party Transformations > Discard Digits you need to select PreDot. You are sending the 9 to the carrier, and need to strip it.

Dave

Actions

This Discussion