Views
Helpful
Replies

Migrating data from 4404 to WiSM

jpeterson6
Level 2
Level 2

Hello,

Is it possible to download configuration data created from a 4404 into a WiSM in order to migrate the configs into the blade? If not, how is the migration performed?

I'm going to be putting in a WiSM to replace my two 4404's, so any information or tips on the migration process would be appreciated.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hi Peter,

The vale none means controller will prompt you to enter static ip address. So if you want you can enter any ip address statically also or if you choose DHCP your serive port will get an ip automatically.

HTH

Ankur

*Pls rate all helpfull post

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

ankbhasi
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Peter,

As far as WISM is concerned it is exactly 4404 controller with LAG enabled. So if you current 4404 is configured with LAG and both 4404 and WISM are running same Controller code you are good to go. I believe you just need to take care of the IPs configured on old 4404 controller if you are completely taking your 4404 out then its ok or else you have to configure new ip range either on your existing 4404 or else on WISM.

Just make sure WISM is up and running and are showing OK status when you issue "sh wism status" command on sup engine.

HTH

Ankur

Thanks, that's good news.

I do have a semi-related question that has to do with initial setup.

When running the configuration setup, according to the documentation there is a line that reads:

"Service Interface IP Address Configuration [none][DHCP]:"

Question is, does the value 'none' prompt me to enter a static address? Or do I have no choice but to use DHCP initially if i want the service-port to have an address?

Hi Peter,

The vale none means controller will prompt you to enter static ip address. So if you want you can enter any ip address statically also or if you choose DHCP your serive port will get an ip automatically.

HTH

Ankur

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card