cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Auto install of Agent Desktop using GPO?

emikelso
Level 4
Level 4

CCM 4.2.3

IPCC Express 4.0.5

Has anyone installed the Agent desktop software or Supervisor desktop software onto PCs automatically? Using a script or something to auto populate the fields? If so, have you used a GPO to push it out?

In addition, has anyone written a script to auto uninstall, reboot, and re-install the application? We are using 2 IPCC clusters for geographic redundancy, and if the primary site fails, the agents need to point to the second server.

Or if anyone has ideas on how to do that without uninstalling and re-installing the software, I'm open to hearing it.

Thanks!

Erin

2 Replies 2

Amine-K
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I think you can use the GPOs to install CAD, I didn't try it but I thnik it's possible.

To configure the CAD to point to a new server without re-installing it, use the Cisco Desktop Administrator, click on the name of your call center then go to Setup>Configure Systems, now you can enter a primary and a secondary CRS Server's ip address. Agents have just to logout then login to make this configuration effective.

Please rate the post if useful.

Thanks for the info.

Another question...our primary IPCC X site has an HA server, so the IP address is already populated with the IP of the primary and HA server. If I override this with an IP of another IPCC cluster IP, will HA fail?

Thanks!