Shutting down Cisco Works

Answered Question
May 2nd, 2007
User Badges:

Ok, this is a simple question that I should know, but....

How would i shutdown Cisco Works (LMS 2.6) completely?

I need to expand the /var/adm/CSCOpx file system and want to fully shutdown the app so none of the databases become corrupted. Secondary question, would moving this file system cause any issues within CiscoWorks? It currently resides in /var, but I am going to have /var/adm/CSCOpx made into its own filesystem and have all the files copied over. Thanks in advance.

Correct Answer by Joe Clarke about 9 years 10 months ago

/etc/init.d/dmgtd stop

/opt/CSCOipm/bin/ipm stop

That will stop all of LMS. But your best bet with doing file system operations is to reboot, and have the system come up in single-user mode. That way you can safely have /var unmounted.

Making /var/adm/CSCOpx into its own file system is fine provided none of the paths and file attributes change. Be sure to use a safe copy method when migrating files. I like:

# cd /mnt/var/adm/CSCOpx

# tar -cpf . - | (cd /var/adm/CSCOpx && tar -xpf -)

Overall Rating: 5 (2 ratings)
Correct Answer
Joe Clarke Wed, 05/02/2007 - 13:10
User Badges:
  • Cisco Employee,
  • Hall of Fame,

Founding Member

/etc/init.d/dmgtd stop

/opt/CSCOipm/bin/ipm stop

That will stop all of LMS. But your best bet with doing file system operations is to reboot, and have the system come up in single-user mode. That way you can safely have /var unmounted.

Making /var/adm/CSCOpx into its own file system is fine provided none of the paths and file attributes change. Be sure to use a safe copy method when migrating files. I like:

# cd /mnt/var/adm/CSCOpx

# tar -cpf . - | (cd /var/adm/CSCOpx && tar -xpf -)

Actions

This Discussion