cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Logging PRI activity - Failed calls

vanagon2tdi
Level 1
Level 1

I am having the occational issue with failed calls from and to the PSTN from clients. The hard part is I cannot recreate the issue and so I cannot get a capture of the failed calls.

Does anyone know of a way to log calls so that I can look for failed ones? I am running a 3825 with two pri modules on it and the latest voice IOS.

Dave

8 Replies 8

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi,

Are you using CCM ? Which is 'the latest IOS' you are using ? You can enable "debug isdn q931" , log to a buffer or host.

No CCM, this is the gateway for all our client sites. I was hoping to do some logging, not debuging. If I debug isdn q931 on our gateway with in a few minutes I will have a pretty massive file.

It is not much output actually, you can limit to one pri if you want and will let you know who is closing the call and the reason code. Which IOS are you running? Chances are that upgrading to latest maintenance would also fix it.

As a courtesy to those providing answers, please rate all useful posts!

Thanks I will look at that one for sure then. The IOS we are running is pretty much were we are stuck for now. The last time we tried to upgrade the IOS it broke our SIP voice. I am no SIP expert but our guy in charge of that said he found allot of info on the web that the newer IOS's broke a certain important aspect of SIP.

Currently we run c3825-ipvoice-mz.123-14.T6.bin

Dave

Hi,

Yes it true that sometime you upgrade and something breaks, however do not assume it is a common or permanent situation, there are many releases after the one you are using and you will have to upgrade anyway soon or later.

Also it's important to get to know what exactly was the bug and when it has been fixed, else you remain in the uncertainty and biten by other bugs in the menawhile.

jarogers2
Level 1
Level 1

Not that it helps with the logging question, but you might check your dsp resources to see if any of them have gone bad. I have seen in the past where they may become unresponsive and cause intermittent call failure.

What are the best commands to debug the DSP?

Dave

#show voice dsp

This is the easiest way to check your dsps.

#debug dspfarm

if you have a farm of dsps.

#debug voice dsp

could also help

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: