cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

7040 series phone

daveslany1
Level 1
Level 1

I currently have the 7940 IP phone sets and unfortunately my business is located in a poor location to allow us to sustain our phones via the internet. I was wondering if the 7940 phones can be converted to be used with a tradional T-1 phone line. What would I need to do to achieve this

5 Replies 5

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi, you can put a small router like a 1751V, 1760, or 2801 with a T1 interface, there is an IOS feature called CCME that will control your phones of any type and place calls using the T1.

Hope this helps, please rate post if it does!

Thank you for the help, if we go ahead with this is there any other equipment we need to buy to have the same features as our IP system such as voice mail etc. Now our system is being controlled by an outside provider that makes any changes we want remotely so once we do away with them how do we control the phone system?

Sure, in the router (2801 or bigger) you add a small AIM-CUE that is a very professional voice mail, CCME has all the features of a PBX and more, there is a GUI to administer both of them, then as you gain practice you just telnet to it and use the cli very powerfully.

As a courtesy to those providing answers, please rate all useful posts!

Well thank you for all of this information, now my question is where can I purchase this equipment? I am located in Tempe Arizona

Hello finding a Cisco reseller is not difficult at all, please see:

http://tools.cisco.com/WWChannels/LOCATR/jsp/partner_locator.jsp

Or call cisco and ask to locate a reseller in your area.

There are many many offers also on the leading auction site.

Make sure wthe people you buy from has the experience to make a good installation.

As a courtesy to those providing answers, please rate all useful posts using the scrollbox below!

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: