Views
Helpful
Replies

Ciscoview display incorrectly.

kanokpan
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

When I use ciscoview to view my device that is router 7513MX and at Packet Over Sonet slot, it appear incorrectly. It miss some light indicator as picture attached in POS slot and there is no Link TX RX status on Enchance Gigabit Ethernet as well. Please help how can I correct the problem.

Thank you,

Regards,

Jan.

10 Replies 10

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

What version of the CiscoView Rtr7000 package do you currently have loaded? The link, TX, and RX indicators will generally always be gray. The link indicator can be seen on the port icon itself, and lighting up the TX and RX indicators would be too processor intensive.

However, drawing a card with missing indicators, gray or otherwise, is a cosmetic bug at the very least.

I'm using version 21. And another question is when the new version of LMS or any add on coming that will have reachablity dashboard as in LMS2.2 .

Thank you,

Regards,

Jan.

This is the latest package. Exactly what is the part number of this PA? A show diag might help here.

As for the question of the reachability dashboard, there will be an add-on to the upcoming LMS 3.0 release that will add MRTG-like capabilities to LMS which will bring back some of the reachability features as well as a host of new features for doing utilization monitoring and trending.

Attached is the result from show diag.

The add on that will come out with LMS 3.0 can be use with LMS 2.6 ? And when they will be come out ?

Thank you,

Regards,

Jan.

According to this show diag, this is a PA-POS-OC3 port adapter which does not have an alarm LED. It has TX, RX, and Enabled LEDs only. That said, I don't see those two LEDs in this screenshot. I just want to confirm that this is the correct show diag.

As for the add-on to LMS, it will support LMS 3.0 only (shipping in early June), and will be out this summer or fall.

Yes, it is from the router in question. It's weird as when I saw from the back, it has the indicators that are missing from ciscoview. And I check for product documentation at http://www.cisco.com/univercd/cc/td/doc/product/core/7206/port_adp/sonet_pa/paposoc3/3577.pdf

It has 2 indicator near Enable LED that are RX Carrier and RX Packets as in page 20(those are missing for ciscoview) What I have to do to correct this ?

Thank you,

Regards,

jan.

There is nothing you can do. This is a new bug, CSCsi77444, which requests that these PAs be drawn with the complete set of LEDs. Note: even when the LEDs are added, they will not be lit up. As I said previously, we do not support lighting up the RX and TX LEDs as that would put a massive amount of load on the server and client. If you need to get traffic stats, right-click on the interface, and select Monitor.

Will Cisco support lighting up the cat6k power supply LEDs correctly mentioned in this old thread?

http://forums.cisco.com/eforum/servlet/NetProf?page=netprof&forum=Network%20Infrastructure&topic=Network%20Management&CommCmd=MB%3Fcmd%3Ddisplay_location%26location%3D.1ddc5e3c

I gather it's up to the cat6k BU to get the support in the pertinent MIB first, then put out the correct Device Update for LMS/CiscoView?

If the MIB is instrumented correctly, then CiscoView should show the correct PS status. Yes, this would be up to the 6K BU to implement.

Thank you very much for your help.

Regards,

Jan.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: