cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

2620XM - Cannot collect Inventory

stevejhale
Level 1
Level 1

I have a network of over 1000 devices all happy with inventory collection. However 2 devices are driving me to distraction they are both 2620XM devices.

Version details are:-

cisco 2620XM (MPC860P) processor (revision 0x300)

Processor board ID JAE0816DVPP (3121480657)

M860 processor: part number 5, mask 2

Running IOS (tm) C2600 Software (C2600-I-M), Version 12.3(1a), RELEASE SOFTWARE (fc1)

I have checked snmp details and can snmp walk from other nms (Openview) but cannot manage in CiscoWorks, I have collected configs so telnet is good. Tried to look at packages and I do have 2620XM RME installed. Please can anyone offer any advice?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hi Steve.

Thanks for that information. I believe you're hitting bug CSCdx50192, which you can view through the bug toolkit. This isn't necessarily a Ciscoworks bug, but rather a bug with the ENTITY-MIB and how it's implemented in these devices.

The latest information I have in regards to this is:

CSCdx50192 - "Some of the objects in ENTITY-MIB are not getting

populated".

* This bug has been resolved in 12.3(4)T and later releases of code for the 2620XM.

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

jreekers
Level 4
Level 4

Hi Steve.

What version of RME are you running, and when you run a "check device attributes", does everything pass? What doesn't?

-Joe

I am running LMS2.6

RME Version & Patch Level: 4.0.5

When I run device credential verification I get:-

Device Name

Read Community OK

Write Community OK

Telnet OK

Telnet Enable OK

I have collected the configs, but fails inventory.

Hi Steve.

Thanks for that information. I believe you're hitting bug CSCdx50192, which you can view through the bug toolkit. This isn't necessarily a Ciscoworks bug, but rather a bug with the ENTITY-MIB and how it's implemented in these devices.

The latest information I have in regards to this is:

CSCdx50192 - "Some of the objects in ENTITY-MIB are not getting

populated".

* This bug has been resolved in 12.3(4)T and later releases of code for the 2620XM.

Thank you

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card