cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Easy connection question

vanguard1
Level 1
Level 1

Just had a meeting and will be implementing pacs. Pacs systems will be on their own vlan. Fine, no problem there. 4 of the machines will be in 1 location and feed a gigabit switch. That switch will feed via fiber to a 2821 router, using a transceiver to connect. I will setup a router on a stick scenario so the pacs vlan can talk to my network. They will have a server in the same room as the 2821 router, and this needs to connect to that same vlan. How would I physically connect the server to make it behave like it is connected to the gigabit switch. Switch card for the 2821? Another gig ethernet module for the 2821? Both gigabit ethernet ports on the router will already be in use. 1 for the transceiver connection trunk back, and the other to connect to the rest of the network. I think this is an easy one, and I am just missing something in my thinking. As alway, I appreciate the knowledge.

1 Reply 1

gmarogi
Level 5
Level 5

Networks? Layer 3 VLAN capabilities of network performance for the organization because traffic can be separated by project or function, with each VLAN assigned with a specific bandwidth threshold.

If you want to know more please click following URL:

http://www.connectingforhealth.nhs.uk/systemsandservices/pacs/refdocuments/technical-documents/PACS%20and%20RIS%20Network%20Security%20ModelGuidanceV1.0.pdf

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card