cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Pix-Firewall Failover

sly007
Level 1
Level 1

Please good guys, i need you to help me out once more. There are two Cisco PIX firewall devices we have been using, and one is serving as live, and the other as failover.

There is a need to use the failover as a live or production firewall somewhere else, without configuring it or purchasing another one. But someone is saying, it will not work cos it is a failover. IS THIS TRUE?

I have a mind that it will work.

Please help me out.

1 Reply 1

mparekh
Level 3
Level 3

You will need the appropriate license to reuse the failover pix as a standalone active pix firewall. I would think the failover Pix has a failover license, in which case you will need to upgrade the license. You will also have to disable the failover on the active PIX.

Take a look at the PIX license you have for the pix. Below is a link that explains the licensing in more detail.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/hw/vpndevc/ps2030/products_data_sheet09186a00800b0d85.html

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card