Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Dial by name - modify the message?

Uty 4.03 -- Is there a way to change the directory handler system message that says "Spell the first and last name, then press pound..."

(filename: ..\G711\AvAddrSearch\ENU005)

Aside from going in with an audio editor and hacking the file, how can I choose and modify the file for a system prompt? is there any way to select each system prompt? where is that configured?

We'd like it to say "Start spelling the first and last names.. " or "Enter the first few letter of the first name..." since we have a few users with long names and a VIP caller thinks he has to spell the entire name (yes... I'd rather educate the user, but that's not an option here...)

Thanks in advance,

Ross

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Ross,

My understanding of this is that "do it yourself" prompts are not supported. There are a number of supported versions located in Unity Tools (a couple of them sound like just what you need). Have a look here;

http://www.ciscounitytools.com/App_AlternativeDirectoryHandlerPrompts.htm

Hope this helps!

Rob

View solution in original post

14 Replies 14

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Ross,

My understanding of this is that "do it yourself" prompts are not supported. There are a number of supported versions located in Unity Tools (a couple of them sound like just what you need). Have a look here;

http://www.ciscounitytools.com/App_AlternativeDirectoryHandlerPrompts.htm

Hope this helps!

Rob

Thanks Rob!

That's exactly what I needed, much appreciated.

Cheers,

Ross

If you go to the SA > Call Management > Directory Handlers, and change the seach from last name first to first name first. Then the prompt is changed automatically in the opening greeting when you hit the directory handler.

One thing to remember is addressing when you are logged on is not the same thing.

Give it a test.

rlp

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Ross,

Cheers to you as well! Unity tools is a fine collection :)

Take care,

Rob

Is there a way to change the the press 0 option in Unity?

Hi Chris,

What are you looking to change?

Rob

When you are in the directory handler "she" states you can press "0" for help and it then transfers you to an extension. My problem is that I need to know where to find that place to change the extension.

CHRIS

Hi Chris,

This one is aptly named:

If Caller Presses Zero Send To

Select the destination to which calls are sent when the caller exits the directory handler by pressing 0:

Call Handler Sends the call to another call handler that you specify.

Directory Handler Sends the call to another directory handler that you specify.

Greetings Administrator Sends the call to a conversation for changing call handler greetings over the phone.

Hang Up Disconnects the call. Use carefully; unexpected hang-ups can appear rude to callers.

Interview Handler Sends the call to the interview handler that you specify.

Sign-In Sends the call to the subscriber logon conversation.

**Subscriber** Sends the call to the subscriber that you specify.**

Default: Call Handler.

From this good Unity doc;

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/unity/404/administration/guide/ex/sag0210.html#wp1037294

Hope this helps!

Rob

Hi Chris,

I'm not sure about 4.0.3 either :( Have you checked the setting;

If Caller Exits Send To-

Select the destination to which calls are sent if the caller exits the directory handler by pressing * or by not responding to prompts:

Call Handler Sends the call to another call handler that you select.

Directory Handler Sends the call to another directory handler that you specify.

Greetings Administrator Sends the call to a conversation for changing call handler greetings over the phone.

Hang Up Disconnects the call. Use carefully; unexpected hang-ups can appear rude to callers.

Interview Handler Sends the call to the interview handler that you select.

Sign-In Sends the call to the subscriber logon conversation.

***Subscriber*** Sends the call to the subscriber that you select.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/unity/403/administration/guide/ex/SAG_0210.html#wp1037294

It seems that the routing must come from this area.

Rob

Yep, I tried that to no avail. I am sending it to a particular subscriber's extension. I am going to call TAC on this one! Thanks for all your help!

CHRIS

Upon a little further digging, I discovered that in versions below 4.0(4) you have to use the Audio Text Manager to modify these settings. Thanks for all your help in this matter!

CHRIS

Hi Chris,

Thanks for letting us know about the resolution for this issue! 5 points for excellent troubleshooting and follow-up :)

Take care,

Rob

And to you for following up!

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: