Views
Helpful
Replies

NSSA Translator Election Manipulation

littlegrave
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I was reading RFC 3101 about nssa traslator election and there was a lot of interesting stuff about it. I would just like to know if Cisco routers can manipute the Nt bit and change their nssa traslator role by configuring them as either always or candidate translators. I myself couldn't find any command that does that so I hope someone can help me out here. I think it would be good to be able to configure this on Cisco routers because it might be helpful in some situations where you want two ABRs to translate simultaneously nssa external LSAs. Thank you,

Paul

1 Reply 1

a-vazquez
Level 6
Level 6

Router 2, which is configured to be the NSSA ABR, will translate the Type 7 LSAs back to Type 5 so that they can be flooded through the rest of the OSPF . When an area is defined as nssa, OSPF does not flood external routes from other areas into the area, but. does translate and flood route information .

If you want to know more please click following URL:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/ps6350/products_configuration_guide_chapter09186a00805f2c02.html

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Innovations in Cisco Full Stack Observability - A new webinar from Cisco