Views
Helpful
Replies

Ip Sla Voip Call Setup operation using snmp

masur_fox_spr
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

Who can give me useful info about configuration this operation using snmp to collect callsetuptime?

Thanks

7 Replies 7

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

The type of operation needs to be voip(13), the protocol should be voipAppl(31). Then you'll want to play with rttMonEchoAdminCalledNumber and rttMonEchoAdminDetectPoint to set the correct options. Your two valid detect points are voipDTAlertRinging(6) and voipDTConnectOK(7). Again, all of your SETs will need to be sent in one request.

As a good demo, follow the guide at http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/ps6350/products_configuration_guide_chapter09186a00804aea27.html#wp1047648 to set this up from the CLI, then walk the CISCO-RTTMON-MIB to see what the CLI options turn into for SNMP. That should give you a good head start to configuring this via SNMP.

Thanks for your help!

Also I would like to ask about set up the dial peer to route the test call. How can I configure it using snmp and what Mib must i used for it?

Or how can i enable VoIP test-call application using snmp(need OID)?

Thanks ahead

For this, your best bet is to build the IOS configuration in a text file, then upload it to the device using the CISCO-CONFIG-COPY-MIB. See http://www.cisco.com/en/US/tech/tk648/tk362/technologies_tech_note09186a0080094aa6.shtml for a how-to.

Thanks,

For setting following objetcts:

call application session start ipsla-testcall ipsla-testcall

configure terminal

dial-peer voice 6789 voip

destination-pattern 6789

session target ipv4:172.29.129.123

session protocol sipv2

I need to load current config and add needed command and uplod this.This appoach is not usefull in my case.Maybe you know what oid i must set for this config using one request.

You do not need to download the device's current configuration first. You can simply add these commands. To TFTP this config from a server into the device's running config, use the startup config example in the documented to which I pointed you, but change the value for ccCopyDestFileType from 3 to 4.

The only commands that should be in your config file are those after "configure terminal". The last line must be "end".

I missed that you also need to send the "call application state" command. You can still do this using the CONFIG-COPY-MIB by prepending "do" to the command. For example, add this to your config snippet:

do call application session start ipsla-testcall ipsla-testcall

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: