cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

How does a converstion get a red check?

mchiaravalle_2
Level 1
Level 1

Sorry, didn't know where else to ask. I understand the 1-5 rating but the red check mark next to topics...?

Thanks

5 Replies 5

Jon Marshall
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi

Anybody can rate an answer from 1 - 5. So if i find a post that has been helpeful i can rate it.

However the author of the question can not only rate but also indicate whether or not the answer has solved his problem. Only the author of the question can do this.

HTH

Jon

avmabe
Level 3
Level 3

The red check is when you go back and say the answer solved your problem! So if you post a question and someone replies that solves your problem you can give them a rating of "five" and also that th questions solved your issue!

One of the good things the red check accomplishes is that when searching for problems others have asked... you can quickly identify threads that have /actual/ solutions ;)

OK. Sorry, I'm still not seeing where exactly I select that the question solved my issue. Is it a check box or a link...?

Thanks for your time.

You have to make sure you are logged in as yourself and I'm pretty sure it's a checkbox.

It is directly above the drop down box for rating.

You must be the originator of the thread. Also if you already rated, you cannot go back and check "Resolved my issue" it will not appear after you rated.

I rated jon.marshall a 5, but I cannot say it solved my problem because I did not start the thread. Only you can do that.

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card