cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

2620 and BGP

brian-utter
Level 1
Level 1

I am using a Cisco 2620 router. It currently has 64MB of DRAM and 16Mb of flash. I am going to use IOS 12.3.22. Will this router support BGP in that configuration? Do I need more DRAM and Flash memory?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hi,

Yes it should do it.

you are welcomed, and please check the attached diagram for IOS feature sets.

HTH, please rate if it does help,

Mohammed Mahmoud.

View solution in original post

7 Replies 7

mohammedmahmoud
Level 11
Level 11

Hi,

You should get a SP Serivce or Advanced IP Service, or Enterprise Services or Advanced Enterprise Services IOS feature set, to have BGP supported, and when you download it from Cisco, the RAM and flash requirement is stated.

Mohammed Mahmoud.

Will IP Plus work? I am new to Cisco networking and still trying to understand what SP Service, Advanced IP Service, Enterprise Services, and Advanced Enterprise Services mean.

Hi,

Yes it should do it.

you are welcomed, and please check the attached diagram for IOS feature sets.

Mohammed Mahmoud.

It appears the IP Plus IOS 12.3.22 requires more DRAM and Flash than I have. Would anything lesser work?

Hi,

Try the SP services, or try going down with the IOS release itself (maybe 12.2).

Mohammed Mahmoud.

I will try that. What I am ultimately trying to understand is what IOS do I need to run BGP to support my MPLS network on a 2620 router.

http://tools.cisco.com/ITDIT/CFN/jsp/index.jsp

go to above link and click on the search by feature and then try to search with your hardware platform for the specific feature you will get the appropriate IOS list which is supported by your router with memory details...

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: