RA:

Dial peer 100 voip

destination-pattern 3000

sess target ipv4:RB

Rb:

Dial peer 100 voip

destination-pattern 3000

sess target ipv4:RB

Will 1000 able to call 3000 via this tandem connection? I have to do this for a very special reason. Thanks

8 Replies 8

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi,

this "tandem" is called IP-to-IP Gateway, or BSC - Border Session Controller, in Cisco parlance.

Yes it's supported, however Rb will need to run and IP-to-IP image, which image name ends with _isv, at that point it will be able to connect VoIP even when different signaling protocols are used, and do (some limited) transcoding, plus other things

Be courteous, in exchange of received answers, rate useful posts!

Thanks. Do you know what's the commmand? or which link has the detailed information?

These are the commands

voice service voip

allow-connections h323 to h323 (or any combination you are using)

dial-peer voice XX voip

codec transparent

that's it.

As a courtesy to those providing answers, please rate all posts using the scrollbox below!

Is codec transparent a must?

Or configure a voice-class that lists the codecs you want allow the endpoints to negotiate.

Remember to rate useful posts as an appreciation for those providing answers!

You can either use the voice class or transparent. The transparent will use what ever the other ends offers. The voice class will allow you to set a restriction on what codecs to use and it is up to both parties to decide on which to use. One problem with this is that if both parties disagree on codec, then you will get a codec mismatch and the call will be busy out.

So then I don't think we need _ivs image since the following commands is supported in voiceip image too, right?

voice service voip

allow-connections h323 to h323

I think you do. The commands are there in all versions.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: