Views
Helpful
Replies

TDMoIP (How to run on Cisco Platform)

rozuki1971
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I new in this forum, i have a problem on implement TDMoIP. FYI, i have infra with cisco product. When i run TDMoIP i have a problem with the stability of E1 that connect to our router E1 AS 5300. Is there any special config on cisco device to configure if i want to run TDMoIP on top of that ? Please help me.

15 Replies 15

bjornarsb
Level 4
Level 4

wrong case

Who/where should i posted this cases ?

Would you explain better you problem, with a diagram, a topology please?

What are to TDMoIP device? Wath has the AS5300 to do with that ?

We have problem at AS 5300 where we terminated our E1 PRI after go through TDMoIP over our network. The E1 PRI at AS 5300 not stable, it will be up and down. The down time only a few milisecond .

Here we attached the diagram.

Thanks for support us.

Hello, in your scenario there are the boxes labeled [TDMoIP], what devices are these ?

As one shall assume that the transport network is performing correctly, the TDMoIP boxes should have the burden of making the E1 circuit to work correctly.

Said boxes should have network performance statistics, in terms of packet loss, etc, whate are these saying ?

How often that happens ?

What is the AS 5300 reporting ? E1 alarms ? Clock ? Are you transporting the clock from telco to as5300 as supposedly should be ?

TDMoIP devices are (IP-MUX --> RAD) & (T-Marc -->Telco). On the TDMoIP box, yes has a packet lost, but on FastE that connected to TDMoIP that no packect loss.

The AS 5300 reported e1 alarms. The clocking are from telco.

Which box you are using between 5300 and switch... and what is the use of Switch there...

The switch is using for other devices that same network with TDMoIP.

devang_etcom
Level 7
Level 7

You are using the TDMoIP it means L2TPv3 is running on your network right...

so you will finde some material like CEoP which is known as the Circuit Emulation over Packet switch network... its about to carry the TDMA data over the IP network... so which module you are using for that... NM-CEM-4TE1 or 4SER...

Sorry sir, L2TPv3 means (Layer 2 Tunnel Protocol version 3). Can u explained detail about that.... Is it complusory to run this on network to run TDMoIP ?

I'm using other product.

Hello,

as I mentioned before, you should find out if there is any packet loss or high delay in your IP networks. Very likely, you may find there is not.

But, you should also work with vendors of "other product" to find out why it causes flaps in the E1 interface.

Is there any special command on cisco router to turn on on my network platform ?

Hi,

As I mentioned above, you "may" need to enable QoS in for of LLQ, in all the network, once it is proven that TDM packets are excessively delayed or lost in the network. Being yours an all-locar area network, that is quite unlikely.

As a courtesy to those providing answers, please rate useful posts using the scrollbox below!

kerek
Level 4
Level 4

Hi,

If the controller up/down is periodicly happens then it is probably a clocking issue. If the up/downs are sporadic (there is no squence in it) then it is most probably due to packet loss on the IP transport network. Let's try to check the interface counters facing the network. Let's check from where the TDMoIP devices getting the clock. Both should be synchronized to the telco clock.

I don't know whether the circuit emulation used by that device is using TCP or UDP as transport protocol but if it is TCP you may have the possibility to make some packet sniffing to determine possible retransmissons.

Hope this gives some help

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Innovations in Cisco Full Stack Observability - A new webinar from Cisco