cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

GSM Gateway

burlingamelupti
Level 1
Level 1

Does Cisco have GSM Gateway product work with router call management systems to route GSM calls?

14 Replies 14

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Cisco doesn't make that. There are other vendors, especially European tham make such adapters. I recommend you choose an digitial (ISDN BRI) modem and not analog, that can lead to a lot of problems.

Hope this helps, please rate post if it does!

I mean "mode" and not "modem", of course ...

Do you have any particular vendor(s) that you recommend? Thanks for your pointer.

Hi, you can look for topex brand, but it really depends where do you want to shop, as I said online European resellers have more choice and more importantly the ISDN models available.

I use quescom without problem

Hi, did you need to do any specific configuration to activate the GSM bit of it? Thanks.

Hi,

Also I recommend Teles iGate, basically they are VoIP - GSM gateways up to 32 channels.

I recommend, and have installed in two clients:

www.quescom.com

Very good and reliable.

Regards

LT

I have been running 2 Quescom 400's for over 10 months via non GK inter cluster trunks without any issues whatsoever.

Rgds

I have configured quescom 400 and with that i am using call manager 4.2 now as i dial the call.

it shows a flash on the screen of IPT and drops that call imediately.

what does that means do u have any idea,your help in this regard would be greatly appreciated.

Hi, any specific reason why you used ICT and simply did not configure Quescom 400 as H.323 gateway in the CallManager? Thanks.

Hi,

does anyone have any experience with TOPEX? I was looking VoiBridge model and I'm interested if somebody have deployed it? is it reliable? how hard is to configure it and integrate it with call manager? can it be easily upgrade to 12 GSM channels? are there some special benefits comparing it to other voip gsm gateways (i.e. ecotel)?

any comments would be appreciated.

Thx,

Jelena

Did you have any success with the Topex VoiBridge?

Regards,

Torleif

at the end, we didn't deploy it.

we are still deploying ECOTEL gsm gateways.

BR,

Jelena

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: