Views
Helpful
Replies

Unity OS

dumble4me
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I am trying to install Unity 4.2 in a IBM 7825 server. I lost the Platform Configuration Disc which came along with the MCS server.

I am having a Platform Configuration Disc which came with HP server, there it is clearly written in the CD like Unity Platform Configuration Disc - HP.

Will I be able to install OS in the IBM server with this HP OS CD ?

Thanks,

Pete

3 Replies 3

thisisshanky
Level 11
Level 11

Nope that will not work.

What you can do is try installing a licensed copy of windows 2000 on the box and go from there. You should be able to get IBM scsi drivers from ibm's website.

HTH

Sankar

Sankar Nair
UC Solutions Architect
Pacific Northwest | CDW
CCIE Collaboration #17135 Emeritus

Hi Shankar,

Thanks for your reply. I tried to find out the respective scsi drivers from the IOB site, but could not found. Do you have any link for downloading the same.

Thanks,

Pete

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Pete,

Just to add to Sankars always great info, if you go through the Upgrade path you can get the full CD set and ask for this to be rushed via courier;

Q. What do I need to do if I have lost my CDs or need another set?

A. Refer the customer to the Product Upgrade Tool (PUT) ( registered customers only) .

The customer is required to enter their Cisco Software Application Support Plus Upgrades (SASU) contract number and request the CD/CD set.

AVVID CD Software Request Cases FAQ

From this good doc;

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/voicesw/ps556/products_qanda_item09186a00802262ed.shtml

Hope this helps!

Rob

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: