Views
Helpful
Replies

Get Reload Reason via SNMP

networking
Level 1
Level 1

Hi All,

Can anyone advise how I can find the Reload Reason from a cisco device using SNMP?

I found the 'whyReload' OID, but this seems to have been phased out and is not contained within any current IOS releases.

http://tools.cisco.com/Support/SNMP/do/BrowseOID.do?local=en&translate=Translate&objectInput=1.3.6.1.4.1.9.2.1.2

Can anyone please advise how I can get this info out of a Switch / Router running current IOS releases?

Many Thanks,

Nick

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

vijayasankar
Level 4
Level 4

Hi,

Can you let us know with what device and ios version you are facing problems accessing this OID.

How do you use this OID to query.

Usually you need to append a "0" on this OID if you are testing this OID via a simple snmpget queries.

snmpget -Os -v1 -c 1.3.6.1.4.1.9.2.1.2.0

This will return you the correct result.

Hope this helps.

-VJ

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

leighharrison
Level 7
Level 7

Hi there Nick,

I'm not 100% sure about the oid, but depending on what software you're using for the snmp get, you could run an snmp walk over all of the mibs.

True, it will bring you back a heck of a lot, but you should find what the OID being used is.

Let me know how it goes!

LH

PS - Do you work at Swansea hospital?

** Please rate all posts **

Was considering doing that as a last resort.

Not at Swansea - at HSW, you local?

vijayasankar
Level 4
Level 4

Hi,

Can you let us know with what device and ios version you are facing problems accessing this OID.

How do you use this OID to query.

Usually you need to append a "0" on this OID if you are testing this OID via a simple snmpget queries.

snmpget -Os -v1 -c 1.3.6.1.4.1.9.2.1.2.0

This will return you the correct result.

Hope this helps.

-VJ

DOH!

I'm an idiot. Thank you! :-)

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card