Views
Helpful
Replies

Master/Slave Synch Problem

anywebsbb
Level 1
Level 1

Hi

After maintenance, i tried to reconnect master and slave together. For the first view, it looks quite good. Master has slave added and slave says certificate is ok and master reachable. Master can see about 1800 device in campus manager and also 1800 device in rme inventory. Slave can see also 1800 devices in campus manager but in rme there are only about 300 devices in inventory.

I tried a few things, like stop daemon and restart it again on both server. Even

reboot both server. Nothing helps.

Application is LMS 2.5.1 SP4 and solaris 9. Both serve have the same applications.

Any ideas?

Regards

Hans

18 Replies 18

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Check the management setting on the slave under RME > Admin > Device Management > Device Management Settings, and make sure "Automatically Manage Devices from Credential Repository" is checked. If not, you will need to manually add devices from DCR into the slave's RME.

Hi Joe

It already is. I have debug files in the attachment. Maybe you can take a view on them.The debug files are from the dcr.log from the master and the slave.

Thanks

Regards

Hans

The problem is not the master/slave sync since Campus on the slave is properly populated. The problem must be with RME on the slave. Perhaps it was not told of available devices to manage. Go to RME > Devices > Device Management > RME Devices, and see if you can add the missing devices from DCR.

Under RME>Devices>Device Management>RME Devices i can olny see this 300 devices. Even unter campus manager and common services.

Now I'm confused. You initially said that Campus Manager could see 1800 devices on the slave. Is this not the case? Is this slave server integrated with ACS?

Sorry for confusing you. When i move to campus manager>administration on the slave server. i can see 1800 under device discovery. But when i move on rme on the slave server under Device>Device Management>RME Devices i can select from serveral sources. e.g common services, campus manager master, campus manager slave, rmr master and rme slave. For adding the devices i choose for e.g. common services. The page get loaded and brings back how many decives

would be added. Then i can this 300 devices. Same for campus manager.

Here i have a screenshot about RME>Devices from the slave. See attachment

This is what I suspected. Your master (i.e. ilmsos01) DCR only has 268 devices. The rest of the 1800 you see under Device Discovery must be unreachable.

Okay, the 1800 under discovery may be misleading. Device Discovery will only send reachable devices into DCR. While the number will say 1800, when you click on it, you may only see 300 devices in the list of 1800 that are reachable. Only those would then be sent to DCR.

So for troubleshooting this problem, pick one device that shows up under Common Services > Device and Credentials > Device Management > CS@master that does NOT show up in RME on the slave server.

Then go to RME > Devices > Device Management > RME Devices on the slave, and click the Add Devices button. In the resulting window, you should see ONLY CS@master. Does the missing device show up there? If so, try adding it to the slave RME.

cs@ilmsos01 is the nmae of the slave server.Under Campus Manager>Device Discovery on the slave i see about 1800 device that are reachable. See also attachment.

Okay, back to my question of ACS. Is this slave server integrated with ACS?

Also, what do you see when you click the Add Device button under RME Devices on the slave server? How many devices are in the CS group there?

Sorry. Slave is not integrated with ACS. In the CS group are 268 Devices.

Okay, try this, turn the DCR slave server back into a standalone server, then restart dmgtd. Then recreate the slave relationship. Keep DCR debugging enabled on the slave. Then, if things still don't look right, pick ONE device that is showing up on the master in DCR that is not in the slave's RME, and trace that device through the logs.

Okay. Slave has now 400 devices. What do you exactly mean with trace that device through the logs.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Innovations in Cisco Full Stack Observability - A new webinar from Cisco