E1 ISDN config

Unanswered Question
May 4th, 2007

Hi sir, if anyone could help me on my problem on how to configure an E1 , such controllers, because i dont know how to configure into a point to point connection and to an internet connection. If anyone can give me at least a link were I can read from that include troubleshooting and configuration or a pdf file.

I have this problem too.
0 votes
Overall Rating: 4 (1 ratings)
cool_mhar04 Fri, 05/04/2007 - 01:50

Wow that was so fast, I really appreciate this surely this will help, for the beginner like me, In fact i was really so scared this is my first configuring a real circuit line for a point to point and a broadcast network. Because on my trainings that i had been specifically cisco we do not use actual line thats why i had no idea how am i going to deal with it.

mohammedmahmoud Fri, 05/04/2007 - 01:47

Hi,

Do you want to configure it as a PRI, or for point-to-point setup ?

HTH,

Mohammed Mahmoud.

Paolo Bevilacqua Fri, 05/04/2007 - 04:11

Hello, In addition to the good advice given by others, I want to say, don't be afraid, the E1 is your friend, there are just few thing to consider:

Line balance - two choices. If cable is coax, is 75 Ohm.

CRC-4 - either is there or not. Telco should know.

Clock - Set network-clock to preference E1 controller with high priority. Leave the controller at clock source line, unless you have a good reason not to do so (physical span, or unframed E1).

Under controller then create ds0 group as per speed. For PRI voice or data, create pri-group.

Show controller e1 to see how things are going. There should be no alarms. If there are, blame telco :)

That's really it! Good luck with the E1 and more types!

Actions

This Discussion