cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

E1 ISDN config

cool_mhar04
Level 1
Level 1

Hi sir, if anyone could help me on my problem on how to configure an E1 , such controllers, because i dont know how to configure into a point to point connection and to an internet connection. If anyone can give me at least a link were I can read from that include troubleshooting and configuration or a pdf file.

5 Replies 5

royalblues
Level 10
Level 10

Wow that was so fast, I really appreciate this surely this will help, for the beginner like me, In fact i was really so scared this is my first configuring a real circuit line for a point to point and a broadcast network. Because on my trainings that i had been specifically cisco we do not use actual line thats why i had no idea how am i going to deal with it.

mohammedmahmoud
Level 11
Level 11

Hi,

Do you want to configure it as a PRI, or for point-to-point setup ?

HTH,

Mohammed Mahmoud.

Hi sir mohammed mahmoud, if you mind to ask you a favor, i do have a lot of question about it, this is for i had no real time for reading all of those right now, if you do have time to IM or YM you can add me this camasisManila@hotmail.com or cool_mhar04@yahoo.com. I would reallly appreciate sir your help. I badly need to confiure it :( gonna ask those major concept only sir im not on the console right now, just want to as the whole idea of e1 sir, hope you can help me, thanks a lot

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hello, In addition to the good advice given by others, I want to say, don't be afraid, the E1 is your friend, there are just few thing to consider:

Line balance - two choices. If cable is coax, is 75 Ohm.

CRC-4 - either is there or not. Telco should know.

Clock - Set network-clock to preference E1 controller with high priority. Leave the controller at clock source line, unless you have a good reason not to do so (physical span, or unframed E1).

Under controller then create ds0 group as per speed. For PRI voice or data, create pri-group.

Show controller e1 to see how things are going. There should be no alarms. If there are, blame telco :)

That's really it! Good luck with the E1 and more types!

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card