cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

E1 ISDN config

cool_mhar04
Level 1
Level 1

Hi sir, if anyone could help me on my problem on how to configure an E1 , such controllers, because i dont know how to configure into a point to point connection and to an internet connection. If anyone can give me at least a link were I can read from that include troubleshooting and configuration or a pdf file.

5 Replies 5

royalblues
Level 10
Level 10

Wow that was so fast, I really appreciate this surely this will help, for the beginner like me, In fact i was really so scared this is my first configuring a real circuit line for a point to point and a broadcast network. Because on my trainings that i had been specifically cisco we do not use actual line thats why i had no idea how am i going to deal with it.

mohammedmahmoud
Level 11
Level 11

Hi,

Do you want to configure it as a PRI, or for point-to-point setup ?

HTH,

Mohammed Mahmoud.

Hi sir mohammed mahmoud, if you mind to ask you a favor, i do have a lot of question about it, this is for i had no real time for reading all of those right now, if you do have time to IM or YM you can add me this camasisManila@hotmail.com or cool_mhar04@yahoo.com. I would reallly appreciate sir your help. I badly need to confiure it :( gonna ask those major concept only sir im not on the console right now, just want to as the whole idea of e1 sir, hope you can help me, thanks a lot

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hello, In addition to the good advice given by others, I want to say, don't be afraid, the E1 is your friend, there are just few thing to consider:

Line balance - two choices. If cable is coax, is 75 Ohm.

CRC-4 - either is there or not. Telco should know.

Clock - Set network-clock to preference E1 controller with high priority. Leave the controller at clock source line, unless you have a good reason not to do so (physical span, or unframed E1).

Under controller then create ds0 group as per speed. For PRI voice or data, create pri-group.

Show controller e1 to see how things are going. There should be no alarms. If there are, blame telco :)

That's really it! Good luck with the E1 and more types!

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card