Views
Helpful
Replies

IP-EIGRP: Callback: callbackup_routes

kevinhobson2000
Level 1
Level 1

Hi

I have two routers with static routes configured which are then redistributed into eigrp on the second router the routes are weighted 200 as this is a backup route every so often traffic starts to take the backup link and i get the message below in the log:

P-EIGRP: Callback: callbackup_routes 172.36.0.0/16

*Apr 18 08:40:58.813: IP-EIGRP: Callback: callbackup_routes 172.32.0.0/15

*Apr 18 08:40:58.813: IP-EIGRP: Callback: callbackup_routes 172.34.0.0/16

*Apr 18 08:40:58.813: IP-EIGRP: Callback: callbackup_routes 172.20.0.0/16

Any ideas what is causing this?

cheers

Kev

5 Replies 5

royalblues
Level 10
Level 10

Kev,

Do you see any logs for any flaps of the EIGRP neighbor relationship?

IP-EIGRP: Callback: callbackup_routes means at some point, EIGRP attempted to install routes to the destinations and failed, most commonly because of the existence of a route with a better administrative distance.

When this occurs, EIGRP registers its route as a backup route. When the better route disappears from the routing table, EIGRP is called back through callbackup_routes so that it can attempt to reinstall the routes that it is holding in the topology table.

HTH, rate if it does

Narayan

Thats the strange thing i dont and thats what puzzles me please see attachment for log.

Kevin,

Do you have the eigrp log-neighbor-changes commannd under EIGRP process?

Narayan

Narayan,

Ive just checked the config and whoever originally configured this has configured it not to.

Cheers

Kev

Can you have this configured and then check the logs to see whether you see neighbor flaps along with the other logs

HTH, rate if it does

Narayan

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card