cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

VPN Client FTP Issue

mike.walter
Level 1
Level 1

We have an issue with the Cisco VPN Client and FTP access. When the client is not connected, we can not establish a public FTP via DOS. We have a batch file that runs to download a file off our FTP server. The session just hangs and no ftp commands will process. If we go into the control panel and shut off the cisco vpn client service, the FTP will work just fine. I have removed the VPN client and reinstalled. I have disabled the windows firewall and no luck. Has anyone seen anything like this before? What should I check next?

5 Replies 5

acomiskey
Level 10
Level 10

Does your batch file use public ip address of the ftp server? That may be your issue.

Yes, it does use a public IP. It wasn't a problem before, this just started happening. Is there a work around?

It began without any configuration changes at headend device? You're sure you were able to do this while connected to the vpn before? Do you use split tunneling?

Yes. Nothing has changed on our 515E. Please note as well, the trouble is when we aren't connected to the PIX 515E.

oops, missed that sorry.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: