Heat Sink Adhesive Tape(?)

Unanswered Question
May 4th, 2007

Hi folks,

I have a Cisco 2948G switch that has two of its heat sinks detached from their respective chips. It looks like they were originally attached with some sort of adhesive tape or a thin layer of tacky silicon glue. I asked my local electronics supply store and they weren't any help and I'm not experienced enough to know what to do with it so I'm wondering if anyone here can offer some advice as to what type of product I should be looking at to re-adhere those sinks. (I'd normally rely on warranty for this type of thing but I bought it used so I think I'm out of luck there...)



I have this problem too.
0 votes
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
Overall Rating: 0 (0 ratings)
Danilo Dy Fri, 05/04/2007 - 07:32


You may need to go to computer chips store and look for thermal adhesive tape. As you know computer geeks like to overclock computer chips (be it cpu, memory, graphics, etc) sure thing the computer chips store will have something that can make you re-attach those heat sinks :)



This Discussion