Views
Helpful
Replies

IP Routing!

alsayed
Level 1
Level 1

Hello!

I Have a L3 Switch;i issue the Command Ip Routing but when i browse the Config I Didn't Find It.i Saw Just ip classLess.any comments?

10xs

6 Replies 6

mahmoodmkl
Level 7
Level 7

Hi Ali,

I think it is not shown becoz cisco has enabled this command by default.so some commands which are enabled by default are not shown in the config.

Thanks

Mahmood

ankbhasi
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Ali,

IP routing is a default configuration on may new IOS and switches and default configs are never disaplyed in "sh run" config.

Can you check "sh ip route" and see some routes available there in routing table.

HTH

Ankur

hello Freinds!

thanks a lot for ur reply...

Ali

Hi Ali,

lemme know your Iswitch model & IOS version & the configuration, based on that i think we can come to an conclusion, instead of not knowing anything abt the switch detailz.

Hi Anand,

That was the reason I asked Ali to check if any routes are available in routing table. If routing table has the routes and "ip routing" command is not displayed in running config which means "ip routing" command is enabled and working at the backgroud.

But if there are no routes available and still after enabling "ip routing" command is not disaplyed which can lead to result that command is not working which need to be further troubleshooted.

Regards,

Ankur

Oh Ok fine.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card