cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Configuring IPS managment center on CSM 3.1???

erik.doss
Level 1
Level 1

I am about ready to pull my hair out after 3 reinstalls. here is some background... I attempted to upgrade to 3.1 from 3.0.0 but was unable to because of pending jobs that did not exist, so I had to uninstall 3.0.0 (after I backed up) and then installed 3.1. I attempted to restore the back up but that flopped. Anyway, I need to know how the heck I get the IPS management center configured/installed/whatever so I can use it from the web page. What would be even BETTER is if I could get the backup to restore.

If anyone could help, that would be great. I have seen absolutly nothing in the documentation for 3.1 that helps me.

I am pretty much stuck right now.

Thanks.

E

3 Replies 3

jreekers
Level 4
Level 4

Hi Erik.

You said, "I attempted to restore the back up but that flopped.". What happened? How did it flop? Did you get any error messages?

By any chance, are you running IIS on this server?

-Joe

There is a problem with the upgrade from 3.0 to 3.1 when there are pending activities that have not been submitted to the database. IPS is also a native service in 3.1 and does not use the IPS Management Center. You should be able to add the IPS devices to 3.1 and not use the 3.0 database.

beecher
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Erik,

IPS management has become native to the CS manager application in 3.1, so there is no longer the application called IPS Manager in 3.1. With 3.1 you can manage all your Firewall, VPN, and IPS configurations from the same CS Manager client application. Refer to the following section in the 3.1 install guide: http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/ps6498/products_installation_guide_chapter09186a00807e87aa.html#wp1087114.

If you are having problems though with data migration, do not hestitate to open a TAC case for support: http://tools.cisco.com/ServiceRequestTool/create/launch.do