cm 5 database

Unanswered Question
May 5th, 2007

is the cm5 database completely locked down now or you can still run SQL queries against the database or create a new database under the structure as you could in version 4x?

I have this problem too.
0 votes
Overall Rating: 5 (3 ratings)
thisisshanky Sat, 05/05/2007 - 07:26

I am not sure about creating a new database, but definitely you can run commands to add, update items in the database via command line. I have had to do that for some temp bug fixes.

PS: please remember to rate posts!

mchandak Sat, 05/05/2007 - 10:09

To add to Shakar's note, you can run queries from the CLI using the command "run sql" to retrieve data from the database. Adding database is not allowed.

mymite060708 Sat, 05/05/2007 - 23:34

is there a copy of the database table names and schema anywhere?

also have you had any joy with using the file get method from the CLI? I keep getting " Error cannot contact SFTP server on port 22"

mchandak Sun, 05/06/2007 - 10:26

to know what DB and table CM contains, you can use the command "show tech tables" this is give u a DBDump in a text file.

Yes, I've used CLI to get files from SFTP server. Do you have an SFTP Server configured and accepting connections ?? You need SFTP Server to download a file from CM using CLI

a.leahy Tue, 10/02/2007 - 02:22

There is a free IBM Informix ODBC driver here:

You just need to register a name and email address to get it. However how you configure the options (protocol/setnet/etc) I don't know but I think this is a good step to being able to use something a bit more friendly that the sql utils provided.

Anyone know how to configure the options?

a.leahy Thu, 10/25/2007 - 07:45

I spoke to a TAC guy about this yesterday - he said they are getting a tonne of complaints about this.

This Discussion